Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Favorite Garden Tools for Planting

I have a couple of GARDEN tools that are my favorites when it is time to plant. They are VERY HI TECH!

First... my pencil marked in increments of 1/2 inch. I use this for poking holes at the right depth for planting seeds.


Next is my re-purposed pizza box with openings that allow me to plant four seeds per square foot.



Using my pizza grid, I get nicely spaced plants like this. (Minus the plants lost to the squirrels!)


What are some of your favorite garden tools?

Blessings,

Debbie




2 comments:

  1. Much like your pencil I have a 4' bamboo pole that is marked every two inches with the markings at 6" being longer. It helps me plant at even spacings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne, the bamboo pole is a great idea! I need to remember it.

      Delete